Friday, October 26, 2018

Spooktacular Saturday October 27th!


The Spooktacular was a success!  We had lots of fun making it happen, and from what I can tell, the people who came and participated enjoyed themselves. A lot of work went into making the event a success. The entire week before the Spooktacular, everyone made plans by figuring out costs, making products, and making all the decorations from scratch. On the morning of the Spooktacular (Saturday) we did most of the physical preparation for the event. We started at 8:30, and continued setup until the event started at 4:00. That morning, we made the maze, cleaned the homestead, set up the dining room, and made our last touches and signs for our products.
The actual event went very well too, and I think the rest of the students would join me when I say that we were surprised that it went so according to plan. Although the even started at 4:00 our parents started coming in at 3:00. Luckily, even by then we had mostly everything done. At 4:00, you didn’t need even need a clock to tell what time it was because everyone started pouring in for the event and the homestead was soon full of people. When it all finally started, I think we were still a little nervous.
Our activities seemed to go according to plan except the “Punkin Chunkin” in the back of the homestead. We wanted to catapult pumpkins but the mechanism wouldn’t work! The maze went far better than my expectations. We managed to scare a couple of people, which surprised me. The hayride seemed fun to people, and my Farmstay mates said that the apple cider press was a hit with the kids. Our products sold really well, and I don't think any one of us on Farmstay were dealt a bad hand in that respect. We all came home with some money for ourselves, but that's not really what we were worried about, at least I wasn’t.
The whole event left me in a good mood. I was happy I got to see my family, some of my friends, maybe meet some other people's families. I’m grateful I got to be a part of the making of the Spooktacular, even if it was just to see what it is like to create such an event. It went really well, and thank you to everyone who came because it wouldn’t be good in the slightest if no one showed up for our Spooktacular!

By Lorenz











No comments:

Post a Comment