Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Farm Stay Essay

by Ora

Why do we live? Why do we climb the tallest mountain? Why do we chew gum? Mr. Shaefer asked us these questions, I thought about it as hands went up in the classroom. Then, I stretched my hand up and asked why would we do nothing? No one had an answer to that question because there most likely isn’t an answer for it.

These questions can relate to most anything such as the Land School. Why would I choose to do a Farm Stay? I choose this, because it is an opportunity, an opportunity that will open me up. Why do we do the Land School? Pride, accomplishment, sharing, helpful, thoughtful, followers, leadership, independent, caring, connecting, and loving, loving nature and the community. Those are some words that I think stand out about the Land School and that I think will come up during the time I will be there.

Those words will be my goal for the Land School. I want to support others and the community I want to connect with nature and have a connection with every person there. While I am there I wish to be a follower and a leader. The Land School is much more than learning and working, it is about finding something in you that are dying to get out like a turtle fighting is way out of its egg. I heard every student will come back a different person, but I would like to add to that statement and say: every person will go to the Land School in their turtle egg but as they are there longer the egg will start cracking and when they come back the egg is open. This is an odd way of saying it and there are many other ways of saying it.

As I am cracking that egg, I will sometimes struggle to crack some parts of the egg.

Overall, I am looking forward to the farm stay and I can’t wait for all of the learning we will get to do. I am so excited to see what farm stays are like and what maple syrup is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment