Tuesday, March 15, 2011

March 12 the Pancake breakfast

By: Cailyn

              When the day of the pancake breakfast came, we were ready.  Our projects were done, the batter was made and shifts were all figured out. We each had two shifts, we could do set-up and also serve during the second half of the pancake breakfast, or serve during the first half and then do clean up at the end. I chose to do set up and serve during the second half.  
              The first customers came right on the dot. We served them with smiles and as many pancakes as they wanted (as we did all the customers). However, pancakes were not the only things we served, you could get two sausages for free and you could pay extra for items like: quiche, scones, banana bread, caramel rolls, fruit cups, hot chocolate, 2 extra sausages, and coffee.
              The highlight of the pancake breakfast for me was doing dishes. Yes, I don't think that would be most people's first choice, but it was fun for me. I did the dishes with Alice and my sister. We had a great conversation about how Alice always has a song stuck in her head. It was also great to see my sister (and do dishes with her). I had not seen her for a week and a half. Before now the longest time I had gone without her was 2 days.  
             After the pancake breakfast we had some time to relax. We sang some songs with Dave and generally had a great time.
                

No comments:

Post a Comment