Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A Typical Day

The Land School is currently housing 12 students from LCS (Lake Country School). I am one of them. My name is Delaney, I am in 8th grade at LCS and this is my second Farm Stay. What is currently going on up at the Land School? Great question. Well this weather is great for maple tapping!!!!

What is a normal day like at the farm? Well on a typical weekday, we start with Farm Chores and breakfast, and then we have Math. After Math we have Occupations and Community Work. Then my personal favorite part of the day is lunch. After lunch we transition into CE (Creative Expression)/PE (Physical Expression) or Microeconomy. Then we have chores and after that comes dinner. Last but not least is study hall and closing and then it is lights out and the next day begins before you know it!

Our Farm Stay is Farm Stay #3 and our focus is the Pancake Brunch (you should come - for more information see the Tuesday Memo). For the Pancake Brunch all of the students have come up with a Microeconomy project. For instance, I am making firestarters and bracelets (out of sheep wool) and with Alice I am making peppermint bark and hot cocoa. All of the students have been working really hard to put this together.

by Delaney

No comments:

Post a Comment