Sunday, April 29, 2018

Farm Stay 4: Spring Festival

Today we had the Spring Festival. Finally all the preparation- frying donut holes, making lotion and lip balm- had payed off. I had a great time selling our products and seeing my family. I really like how all of us on Farmstay 4 were able to pull of our Micro Economy projects. My favorite parts of the process for making all the products were: figuring out how much each product cost to make, what Yasmin and I would price a single item for, and figuring out how much of a profit we could make. Surprisingly I am not disappointed that our products did not sell out because I know Yasmin and I had a lot of fun making each item.

When I grow up I really want to be a financial analyst working for a company like Piper Jaffray. I know financial analysts spend a lot of time making models in google sheets, and for our projects we also used google sheets to track things like gross revenue, overhead and profits. Evan helped us all put the sheet together, and I hope someday I can do that too. I think it is really cool that I can connect things we do at the Lake Country School Land School to what I want to be when I grow up.

There are only four more days left of Farm Stay. I don't want to go. This place, these people, the animals, have become my home away from home. I want to make the most of this trip and live every day to the fullest. It is so beautiful here, and I am having an amazing time. I know I will miss the Land School, but for now I'll just ride the wave.

- Maya






No comments:

Post a Comment