Thursday, April 28, 2011

The Climbing Tree

by Aidan

While climbing the Climbing Tree and sitting at the top, I realized how lucky we are to be here and how beautiful the land is around us. Even though it was a bit cold and windy and being up so high made me a little bit frightened, I got the chance to soak in my gorgeous surroundings.

Once getting to the top I could see the fields and woods around me. First off, the woods were so crowded and full it almost felt like we were enclosed in a big giant room. And secondly, looking over to the fields made me realize how much open, lush, green and marvelous space there is up here.

Also, when looking around, it made me realize that the tweens with me and I are so lucky to be able to have such an experience, and how the whole school is fortunate to be able to have a farm like ours. I feel it helps the kids of LCS notice that the environment is so precious and that it should be taken care of as much as possible. The hike we went on today was one to remember and it helped me see the real beauty of the LCS Land School.

some sort of weird exotic mushroom Donna found

We found a large fallen tree and climbed it.... very exciting!!!

Claire+Brigid= besties


All of the Farm Stay kids scattered around the fields

No comments:

Post a Comment