Monday, March 12, 2018

Farm Stay 3: Day 15

Today’s schedule went as normal. I got up around 6:50, worked till 8:00 doing animal chores, and had occupations all morning until lunch. After lunch we had two hours of micro-economy followed by physical education. For physical education we split into three groups and when on a beautiful hike. The weather was perfect, just above freezing. I took off my hat and jacket for most of the hike. We were on a scavenger hunt to find animal tracks and landscapes out on the land. The hike started around 3:30 PM and lasted until our daily jobs at 4:30 PM. My group started down the short trail to the hen house. Once we reached the barn we took a right and made our way into the woods. I must say the view was fantastic. No tv show or video game compares to the fun I was having. I tried to take as many pictures as I could, I found myself too in the moment to take any. For a moment or two I had forgotten about all my worries. All my assignments and commitments were washed away by the pure sights, smells, and sounds of nature. But all things must come to an end. A short while later I found myself back at the Homestead surrounded by my thoughts. I must say today’s hike may have been my biggest highlight of our ending Farm Stay. I can't wait till I can find the time to take another hike like that.

-Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment