Saturday, March 10, 2018

Farm Stay 3: March 10th

I was going to do a blog for 3/7 but nothing that interesting happened on that day. 3/10 was the day of the pancake breakfast. I woke up at about 6:45 that day and I did my morning job; I cared for the animals. After that I went straight to cooking my hashbrowns. I had shredded the potatoes the night before but when I took them out in the morning they were a deep brown color. I had totally forgot that they would get oxidized. I cooked a batch of them and they tasted fine but they just looked awful. So I got frustrated and I ended up shredding new potatoes with Andy (he is our awesome teacher). I made some browns and then Andy made some, and they ended up selling really well.

After that I saw some of my friends and family. Some of my friends that said they would come didn’t, so that was a little disappointing. But my mom and dad were cool, as they always are. My dad ended up saying that my hashbrowns were better than his which was sweet. He also ended up making some with me.

My mom had to leave for some reason, probably for work. But my dad stuck around for another hour. I went into the cashier job which was fun because I got to talk to others and friends and my dad while doing my job. My parents also got me a bunch of snacks which I still haven’t eaten all of them.

Afterwards we had cleanup which was easy and kinda fun, not so much fun to carry the tables around though. Afterwards we had around 3 hours of freetime, so I took a 2 hour solo hike while the others watched a movie. After all that we had a pretty normal day which ended at 10:20.

Naoise

No comments:

Post a Comment